Due to a recent Supreme Court decision, e-commerce businesses such as StockX are now required to collect sales tax from buyers in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
Please keep in mind that the sales tax amount varies per customer based on their local tax laws.
- This applies to all purchases made in Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Iowa, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Washington after Jan 3, 2019 12:30pm EST
- As of April 1, 2019 we started collecting sales tax for purchases made in DC, South Dakota and Wisconsin
- As of June 1, 2019 we started collecting sales tax for purchases made in Idaho, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and South Carolina
- Sales tax will apply based on your shipping address and NOT your billing address.
- Sales tax will apply to all purchases for applicable states, even for current bids that are live and hit later.
- Some states include shipping in the sales tax calculation while other states exclude - varies by state law.