Before selling your Apple Watch on StockX, you must ensure that it has been factory reset, with all data removed, and have Activation Lock turned off. If the watch hasn’t been factory reset, it will fail the authentication process, and returned to the seller for a penalty fee of 15%.
To reset your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Apple Watch, and select “General”
- Select “Reset”
- Tap on “Erase all content and settings”
- Enter the passcode for the Apple Watch (if enabled)
If you have forgotten your Apple Watch passcode, you can use your paired iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
- Keep iPhone and Apple Watch in close proximity
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap “My Watch”
- Tap “General” and then “Reset”
- Select “Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings” and then confirm. You may need to enter your Apple ID to continue.
- For GPS + Cellular models, you’ll need to remove your cellular plan
- Wait for process to finish